ONC is starting a recycling initiative in the months of September and October. It is our goal to join Charleston County in a 40% reduction of household waste. Please join us with this goal by recycling all of your household plastics, glass, aluminum, paper and cardboard. Charleston County has just recently expanded its recycling capabilities and now picks up more items from your curbside blue bins.
- All plastics #1 – #7 (it needs to be rinsed and free of tops/lids )
- All glass (green, brown or clear)
- Aluminum, Aerosol, and steel food cans (not aluminum foil)
- All paper products and paperboard (please put in separate container)
- Corrugated cardboard (please breakdown and separate from other recyclables)
*Please take Styrofoam to a packaging store or Styrofoam (meat flats and egg cartons) can go to Publix
*Please take all grocery bags to your local grocery store or Wal-Mart
*Take all scrap metal and appliances to your local scrap yard
*Your many local convenience centers will also recycle motor and cooking oil, electronics, batteries, florescent light bulbs (CFL’s), paint, household hazardous materials, and yard waste
As a neighborhood council we want to educate and help all of our neighbors with our recycling goals. If you need help with securing blue recycling bins or assistance on getting your recycling to the curb on your pick up day, we want to help; please call Kate at 270-2075.
****Curbside pick up is every other Thursday****