Olde North Charleston Neighborhood Council is an all-volunteer civic engagement group. Your input, attendance at meetings and events, annual dues ($10 annually) and volunteer help is most appreciated to make a difference.
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER PROJECTS:
Updates coming soon….
The following “Branch” committees have been identified to address specific focus areas in the neighborhood. Please contact the “Branch” coordinator to get involved.
COMMUNITY WATCH BRANCH- Paul Ristau – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Establish network of neighbors to inform everyone of crime notifications/happenings in the area.
- Increase attendance at the National Night Out.
- Increase communication between neighbors and local police officers.
SCHOOLS BRANCH – Dena Wolforth
Communicate with area students pertinent information regarding neighborhood beautification projects and events in order to provide students with meaningful volunteer opportunities in the community.
- Facilitate neighborhood support and attendance at extra-curricular events, open houses, competitions , etc., at area schools.
- Increase Mentoring and volunteerism by ONCNC members in neighborhood schools
- North Charleston HS has the following volunteer opportunities available:
- One-on-one mentorship
- Tutorship- English, Spanish, Math, & Science
- Special Donations- special needs on case by case bases
- Visibility- Community presence during events (ex. Athletics) and meetings (ex. PTA) CONTACT Gene Rebecca to get involved with NCHS Email JEAN_REBECCA@charleston.k12.sc.us or (843) 745-7140
BEAUTIFICATION BRANCH- Kate Besta- email@example.com
- Pipe and fill poor working drainage ditches
- Create cleaner sidewalks
- Group is also volunteering at the Hursey Elementary School Garden
- Support Hursey Elementary School garden through the summer months
- Create Master Gardener lecture series
MEMBERSHIP BRANCH- Lisa Warden
Updates coming soon…
ONCNC is steered by the Council Officers who have made a 2-year commitment to the Council in one of the following capacities: President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Our President is Jerry Lahm who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.